Wednesday, August 26, 2009

summer 09'

Soo .. as sad as it is to say, school is now just around the corner. Grade 11! Kind of getting excited, I really miss everyone. But with this statement comes the fact that my summer holidays are slowly ending! It's sure been a summer filled with lots of memories! Laughs! Tears! And many other emotions! I left on July 13th, to go and spend 3 1/2 weeks at my aunt & uncles in Smithers, BC! My trip there was amazing. I always find it so fascinating how much a relationship can grow in such a short period of time! My cousins, they are spectacular! They each have such different personalities, but each make me smile every minute of the day. I miss the sleepovers, with some awesome girl talk! Going to the lake! Watching swimming lessons! Endless Starbucks trips! Late night movies with my auntie & uncle! Dancing to the music on my Ipod! Laughing with my auntie! And SO much more!
-
Auntie Darlene .. You are absolutely without a doubt amazing! I love you so much! My relationship with you has become something so important to me! Your not only my aunt, but my friend. Someone I trust so much! Someone who I can laugh with about anything and everything! A shoulder I can cry on! Spending time with you, and having endless conversations always opens my eyes to see negative situations more positively. You put a smile on my face in an instant. I love you so much! And miss you so much!
-
Back to the summer.. Close to the end of July, my mom came out to Smithers as well. We left (mom, auntie, cousins, and I) to head back to Winnipeg on August 3rd. Our first day we left around 5:45 am, and drove to Jasper to spend the night there. Our next day we headed out again bright and early to Saskatoon, stayed with uncle ricks parents! And our last day we headed to home to Winnipeg! I have never seen 3 little girls as excited as my cousins to be in Winnipeg! It was so great to have everyone stay with us!
-
While everyone was here we had a really great time! Went to the spa one day with my mom & auntie to get pedicures! It was a really relaxing day! Spent one afternoon mini golfing with auntie, and cousins. Just before the wedding, my dad's brothers family came into Winnipeg as well. Spent one afternoon swimming in the Comrie's pool! It was super fun. Also enjoyed time playing rock band with the boys, and just happened to whoop their butts! ;) aha!
-
In mid August it was sad to say goodbye to my baby! We had to put our dog Lady down shortly after I was back from my trip! You were defintely a the best puppy ever! I remember when I was little and used to wake up early on saturday mornings, and since mom & dad were sleeping would let you jump on on the couch and cuddle with me. I also remember laying on the floor and using you as my pillow. Or just endless times playing with you. I miss having you here. I miss you welcoming us home. I miss giving you your cookie. I miss having you at the lake with us. I miss you not being at my feet right now, wanting attention. You're always in my heart! And will never be replaced! Always my favourite!
-
On August 16th, my brother got married! It was a wonderful day. And I'm very excited for him and my SIL! I'll post pictures in a later blog. (:
-
After the wedding, all our family headed back home. It's been pretty queit since than. Went out to the cabin this past weekend. It was nice to just relax. Caught up on alot of sleep too! Monday we left and went to Grand Forks. Came home today! It was nice to get away one last time!
As for the next week and a half.. I start my job tomorrow. Looking forward to it, but am also incredibly nervous! Gonna spend time with friends! Than before I know it.. it'll be time for school & dance!
-
Overall I'll say summer has been great!

1 comment:

Journeying Five said...

silly you made me cry! i love you and find my home very quiet with out you! don't forget about all that eye candy at the swimming pool!